Yamaha U1 Upright Piano
Upright pianos are the digital pianos that scream authenticity. With an aesthetically pleasing stand built into the piano, it is hard to distinguish these pianos from acoustic ones. With their tall design and realistic finish, they are able to home built-in speakers as well as improved key action compared to digital pianos.
What The Advantage Of An Upright Piano?
Considering that an upright piano is much like an acoustic piano but digitally powered, it is easier to shop for these products rather than another type of keyboard e.g a MIDI keyboard. The whole point of these pianos it so have an authentic piano feel which relies upon a few simple features.
- Weighted keys – To have the piano feel, you want to buy an upright piano with a graded weighting which adds the same resistance like a real piano. This is directly influenced by the weight of the keys of an acoustic piano with the sense that the lower keys are heavier than the higher keys. If you prefer, you can also choose a hammer action keyboard which is a slight step down form graded weighting, achieved by weighted leverage to add resistance.
- The design – To achieve an upright piano that has the design feel of a real piano, there are a few things to consider:
- Finish – A finish can range in colour as well as texture. The typical choices are black, white, brown and natural. The textures are wood or plastic.
- Space – As most upright pianos have an 88 keyed range, they usually take up a considerable amount of space. However, if you are willing to give up space in your home then these are a great addition.
- Noise – A well made upright piano should not make a clanking sound when pressing the keys unlike low-end digital pianos. Instead, they should make no sound other than that of the music you are playing.
- Sound quality – The sound quality of an upright piano has to be spot on in order to achieve the level of quality that acoustic pianos produce. In terms of speaker quality, the more expensive the product, the more money the manufacturers have put into the sound quality of the product. If you are unsure of how good the sound is, then go and try a piano out in your local music shop.
- Polyphony – The polyphony of a piano is the number of notes that can be played at one time with the assistance of a sustain pedal. If your piano has a low polyphony then it can be guaranteed that your sound will be lacking quality. This is the last thing you want from a high-end upright piano. A good polyphony will be 200 or more notes.
Is This The Piano Type For Me?
Yamaha is known for it’s well developed and professionally manufactured key instruments. Arguably, their most prestigious pianos are their upright pianos. This is translated into their U1 upright piano. It is an industry-standard piano with very responsive touch. This paired with a wide dynamic range and remarkable sustain has professional praising this product from all sides.
Yamaha’s U1 121cm allows it to deliver a clear and rich performance throughout the keyboard. Built with a high-standard finish, this is a piano that will last you a lifetime and is an investment you won’t regret. The quality of tone is precise and a light, responsive keyboard action provides an authentic feeling like no other.
This model is ideal for every type of pianist, no matter if you are a beginner or a novice. With a full range of keys, it is the ideal piano to learn on as it feels like the real thing. It gets you used to manoeuvre your way around a full-sized piano. Likewise, this is an ideal performance piano due to the complex design that allows you to play to the professional standard that you are used to.
Why Is Yamaha So Good?
Yamaha is yet to deliver a piano of any kind that doesn’t do what it is supposed to. They make all their pianos with every type of musician in mind. With a rich history of high-quality products manufactured and designed with both craftsmanship and digital technology in mind, their pianos just keep getting better and better.
The quality of sound produced by Yamaha is practically always to a professional level and good enough to perform in any location. Their devotion to the music industry hasn’t wavered which is why their products are getting increasingly better as the years go on.
Is This The Piano For Me?
This is a piano that has been praised time and time again for its consistent performance. Built and tailored for both teaching and professional use, there is literally no issues with this U1 piano. It looks amazing in the home, on the stage or in any teaching space.